Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tie front dress

Do you ever get obsessed with something or an idea and can't stop thinking about it? For the last few days I have been trying to figure out how I can make this style dress. I can't stop thinking about it and envisioning myself in it. I even have a fabric picked out. The problem is, there are no sewing patterns for this style. I have even tried looking for vintage patterns. I have found a few crop tops and skirts that I could possibly attach to create a dress, but I am coming up short of anything that would really work. I have discussed it with my mom and I think we are going to attempt to create our own pattern. I may even order one of these dresses to use as a pattern and see if I like the style before making my own dress.

I love the idea of the small triangle cutout in the front, not showing too much skin. I also really like the style with the buttons down the front of the skirt. I can't wait to get started on this project. Hopefully I will get the time soon and have a cute new dress to show you!

No comments: