Friday, January 8, 2016

Roasted Butternut Squash with Sausage and Spinach

It's been so long since I have posted a new recipe on my blog. A couple friends reminded me over break that I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would get back into it.

I threw these ingredients together this fall and ended up making it several more times with a few variations.

Roasted Butternut Squash with Sausage and Spinach
Ingredients:
-Butternut squash -cut into 1inch cubes (can use pre-cut packaged)
-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
-Minced garlic (to taste)
-Salt and Pepper (to taste)
-1 lb Italian Turkey Sausage (Spicy is really good if you can find it)
-bunch of spinach or kale

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Cover cookie sheet with foil.
Toss butternut squash with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Spread squash on cookie sheet in single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes.

While squash is in oven, brown sausage in pan on stove. Once sausage is brown, throw in kale or spinach. I used over half a bag of baby spinach and could have used more. Toss in butternut squash and serve.

Enjoy!




No comments: