Thursday, August 28, 2014

Maternity Skirt

I have to dress professional every day for work, which has started to make things difficult now that I am wearing maternity clothes. I wish more than anything I could throw on yoga pants or a maxi dress, but it's just not appropriate for my job. I saw this look on Pinterest and I really love the skirt! I have no idea where to find this skirt and thought maybe making a few maternity skirts would be a better option.
 
I have found Megan Nielson patterns to be the trendiest of the limited number of maternity sewing patterns out there. I think this skirt would be super easy to make and would probably fit me better than something I might buy.
 
I bought a "staple" black knit pencil skirt, so I am good there, but I like the idea of a print or bright color like pink. I think these could transition into fall with tights. Ugh, tights! The thought of wearing tights with a bump sounds terrible. If you have any recommendations, I will gladly take them!
 

Maternity Skirt

I'll be sure to post if I go through with this sewing project! It has been SO long since I have sewn anything. I'm ready for a project!

 

No comments: