Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Cocktail Party

We have had a Christmas cocktail party for the last few years. I always enjoy planning the menu and decorating for the party. This year was the just the same. I began thinking about what to serve and how I wanted to place the food and drinks as soon as Halloween was over. It's always difficult having a party during this time of year because everyone is so busy and you never know what kind of turn out you will have.

Our party was last Saturday and we had a great turnout! Thanks again to all that came! I made a lot of the foods I have every year because they seem to be crowd favorites. I added in a few new recipes this year, which I will post soon. The party was a success! We danced the night away and the food was all gone! I took a TON of pictures on our camera, but much like the end of the night, they were all blurry.

 Our Christmas tree

 Tissue Tassel Garland tutorial here. 


Party Food: click for recipe - Jalapeno Deviled Eggs (added bacon), Marinated Shrimp Appetizer,
 Peanut Butter Crunch Buckeyes, Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, Rolo Pretzel Turtles,  Ham and Pickle Roll ups, Charcuterie Board, Spicy Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip, and Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini's. (recipes coming soon)

The dining room table. I didn't take a picture of the drinks or cocktail/champagne table but it looked very similar with the silver and gold accents. 


Looking forward to next year! 

No comments: