Monday, April 29, 2013

Make it!

For the last several years I have been searching for websites and blogs that are geared towards people interested in fashion and sewing. I found Make this Look and think it's a great idea! Make this look shows a dress and then pattern and fabric to make one similar. Unfortunately, they haven't updated the blog for about 6 months, so I don't know what is going on there.

Fashion design TV shows such as Fashion Star and Project Runway have increased the popularity of what some might call a dying art or hobby (sewing). Both shows collaborate with pattern making companies and I personally think this has led to patterns being more in line with current trends. Slowly over the last few years patterns have been trendier with better fitting pieces and I couldn't be happier! 

This past week I have found some great patterns that look very similar to designer pieces. Here are my favorites and how you can make them yourself! 

I love this Victoria Beckham dress! Similar McCalls pattern. 

I am IN LOVE with the whole Kate Spade Saturday line really, but this top is super cute and I just happened to see that McCalls has an exact pattern, that comes with 4 variations. I bought this pattern this week when it was on sale! I can't wait to make a few tops. 

Julianne Hough looked super cute at Coachella a few weeks ago! I think you would have to look for a vintage crop top/bralet pattern, but McCalls has a great lace shorts pattern! 

Miranda Kerr looks great in these tuxedo striped crop pants! I have never made pants before, but this looks like an interesting pattern from McCalls. 

How cute is this Diane Von Furstenberg dress for Gap kids? I wish they made it in my size. Here's a cute matching pattern to make for girls from McCalls

No comments: