Friday, December 14, 2012

Peanut Chocolate Candy

Our tradition on Christmas Eve has been to gather with family at my Dad's cousin's house. Every year it's a little different crowd. As kids we would run around their basement and as adults we drink just enough cocktails to go to midnight mass tipsy. It's always a good night and they always have the best food! Shrimp cocktail, ribs, meatballs the size of my fist (well maybe child size fist) and all kinds of cookies and treats. One of my favorite treats are these Peanut Chocolate Candies. These are pretty easy to make in the crock pot, so I decided to make them this year.




Peanut Chocolate Candy
Ingredients:
2 14-16oz jars of peanuts
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bar of German Chocolate (found in bakers aisle)
2 bars of White chocolate Almond Bark

Directions:
Place items in crockpot in order they are listed. Break Almond Bark into smaller pieces to get it to fit. Close lid and cook on low for 2 hours. After 2 hours open lid and stir together. Close lid for another 30 minutes. Stir again and place spoonfuls onto cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Let cool for at least an hour or put in fridge. Store cold before serving.

Enjoy!!

Note- this makes a TON! I had to use 4 cookie sheets and then I used the little pan from our toaster oven because I didn't know what else to use.

No comments: