Monday, November 5, 2012

Honey Pecan Chicken

I have been using Panko A LOT. I was making this recipe every week when I decided to give it a rest but still needed something to make for dinner using chicken. I was trying to make sweet potato fries for the first time and needed something to go with that. I brought out my Panko box and saw a recipe on the back. I didn't have the same ingredients so I just used what I had and it turned out so great that I made it again last night. I haven't mastered the timing for the sweet potato fries yet, but when I do I will post that too.

Honey Pecan Chicken
Ingredients:
2-4 chicken breasts
1/2- 1 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup (or about 3/4 of an individual light vanilla yogurt (could use plain))
1/2tsp salt
3/4 cup Progresso plain panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix honey, yogurt, and salt in a small bowl.
3. In another bowl mix bread crumbs and pecans.
4. Drag chicken through yogurt and then coat with bread crumbs place each piece on cookie sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is done. You may need to turn chicken.

Enjoy! 

Sweet Potato fries. These were SOOOO good! I didn't even know I liked this delicious food until recently. I made these based off several recipes so I don't have good directions to share yet. Once I master them, I'll let you know how to as well! 





No comments: