Monday, October 8, 2012

Almost Famous Lasagna

Lasagna is one of the first meals my mom taught me how to make. I remember her telling my sister and I to watch her layer the ingredients once saying that we will need to know how one day. When I first moved out on my own after college it was one of my favorite meals to make.  I've altered the original recipe along the way and I think I have it pretty much perfected now. It's of course a little spicy.

Ok, maybe it's not famous or almost, but my old roommate still talks about me making it for her and that was 5 years ago. And, I like to think it's pretty good! So if you need a new recipe try this one out! I hope you like it!

Ashley's Almost Famous Lasagna
Makes 8x8 pan.
Ingredients:
-1 lb spicy italian turkey sausage links
-1 jar Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil pasta sauce
-1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
-1 egg
-lasagna noodles
-3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  remove casing from turkey sausage, crumble and brown the meat.
3. one meat is brown add sauce. You really only need 3/4 of the jar.
4.  in a small bowl mix egg and cottage cheese with a small whisk. Add italian seasoning.
5.  spread a little plain pasta sauce on the bottom of your pan so it won't burn
6.  begin by layering noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce and repeat.
7.  finish with top layer of shredded cheese, you won't use the whole 2 cups.
8. cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
9. remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes (this is the hard part)

Enjoy!! 
2.
 3.
4. 
 5.
 6.


7.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it's very unique & refreshing…