Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Storage Wars

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged, but for good reason! Moving is stressful to say the least. We are happily in our new house, but the boxes are still full and aplenty!

With every move you find yourself needing to get organized in a way that fits the space. This always drives me crazy with frustration. Where will everything go? Our new house is certainly much larger than our condo was, but the spacing is all different and really throwing me for a loop.

The biggest issue: my closet.

Our old closet was a nice walk in, with plenty of space for everything to hang and fold on shelves. I could add to it at any time without worrying where my new items would go. Such is not the case in our new house. Our house was built in the 30's and therefore doesn't have walk in closets. Such a bummer and almost a deal breaker.

While I really want to turn an entire room into my closet/dressing/sewing room. It's just not practical for the future. So I'm working on it.... but all I want to be doing is shopping! It's almost fall and you know what that means!?!? Fall fashion.

This is what I used to have...


I'd like to point out that Dan has quite a few clothes as well! :)

This is what it took to move just my clothes...




An entire carload. 

This is what I'm working with now... wish me luck! 

(Prior owner's clothes.)

I'll be sure to share my solution when I come to find it. A friend asked me today to share some pictures of the new house and sadly not a single room is picture worthy. Better get on it! It's about time to have a party!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that is quite a decrease!!! Can't wait to see how you organize it :) Good Luck!!!

Laura said...

Wow! That is one teeny closet! Best of luck. Keep us posted!