Monday, August 20, 2012

Biscuits and Gravy

Biscuits and Gravy is one of those things that everyone should just know how to make... except I don't. I have twice messed it up because everyone just told me, "oh, you just add flour and milk until it looks right." Yeah, right. Both times it was extra thick from an abundance of flour or burnt or just not right. It was important for me to get this recipe right because it's one of Dan's favorites. So finally I just looked up a recipe, duh.

Once I had some real direction, it was EASY and awesome! So now I can make this all the time with no problems! If you're like me and could never get it right just judging or maybe haven't ever made biscuits and gravy before, then this recipe is for you! Recipe adjusted from All Recipes.


Spicy Biscuits and Gravy
Ingredients:
1 pound Bob Evans Spicy Sausage Roll
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 roll of biscuits

Directions:
Prepare biscuits according to package. Meanwhile crumble sausage and brown in skillet. Stir in flour until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately over biscuits.

Enjoy!



No comments: