Friday, August 10, 2012

An American Legacy


For the last few months I have been attending Pattern meetups as a way to get involved with the Indianapolis fashion industry. I have met a lot of people and made several new friends. It's a great organization and very welcoming to all those interested in fashion whether as a career or just a hobby. If you have any interest, definitely check them out (link above) and let me know if you would like to go  with me to a meetup!


A couple of weeks ago I attended the Pattern and Fashion Arts Society meetup at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  I enjoy going to the IMA, particularly when it has fashion related exhibits and at the meetup we were offered a personal tour of the exhibit: An American Legacy: Norell, Blass, Halston & Sprouse, all of whom hail from Indiana. I really enjoyed the inspiration from the pieces getting ideas for dresses I would like to create myself! The exhibit will be on display through Jan. 2013 so go and check it out! The pieces will be rotated and therefore you may just want to go twice. Click HERE for more information. 

Very Betty Draper.

This was my favorite!! I love the sparkle.  Maybe New Years Eve dress!?!





Fabulous fashion friends! 

Check out their blogs too. 


No comments: