Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Key Lime Pie

My mom had this pie last time I was home. She had it frozen because my dad likes it that way, but I actually like it just chilled in the refrigerator. I came home and made it for Dan and we have been enjoying it all week!

I have never made key lime pie before and I realize this isn't the real thing, but it tastes awesome and it's not so bad for you either!


Key Lime Pie
Ingredients
1/4 cup water
1 package of sugar free lime jello
2 containers of light key lime yogurt
1 tub of frozen reduced fat whipped topping
1 graham cracker reduced fat pie crust

Directions
-Place whipped topping in fridge to thaw. Takes a few hours.
-In a microwave safe measuring cup heat water on high for 45-60 seconds until boiling. Whisk in jello until dissolved.
-In a large bowl whisk together jello mixture and yogurt. Fold in thawed whipped topping. Cafefully spread into crust.
-Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.

Enjoy! 




No comments: