Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In the works

I've started making dresses for the spring and summer and I wanted to show you my progress. Sorry for the poor pictures (and messy background). I took them with my cell phone. I spent the last weekend in Miami and had planned to finish one or both but neither of them made the trip with me. I've been obsessed with cutouts and color block but can't pull the trigger on either dress. You know when you just can't make a decision without the opinion and approval of 5 others? No? Well, that's how I feel about the dresses, which is why both are only 75% finished. I just can't decide.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

This dress actually is a lavender and white tiny stripe. Since this picture was taken I've added buttons and a zipper. Now I just need to finish the inside seams and hem it. Long or short? 

 I bought this material (silk) for the color mostly. It was more expensive than I wanted it to be and very thin causing me to line the dress (with even more fabric) and it still doesn't have much structure. All I really wanted was to color block a blue dress, but after some thought (and advice from 3 people) I went with just blue. I do love the blue, but am determined to color block something!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I like the length of the white dress at about where it is already. : )