Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pork Piccata with Lemon and Capers

I made this for dinner last night and it was pretty tasty! I got the recipe out of a fitness magazine (so it must be good for you), but I didn't follow it very well. I hate when recipes aren't easy to follow or written well. I'll do my best to re-write it so it's easier to follow along while cooking.

Pork Piccata with Lemon and Capers
Ingredients (in order as you will use them)
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
3 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp of olive oil
2 tsp of olive oil (see directions)
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp of olive oil
3 minced garlic cloves
1/2 bag fresh spinach
1Tbsp butter
1/2 a lemon squeezed or 2 Tbsp lemon juice
4 tsp capers
2 Tbsp parsley

Directions:
-Cut pork against grain into about twelve 1/2 inch slices. Press each to flatten slightly.
-Combine flour, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt in a small bowl.
-Drag pork pieces through flour mixture coating each side.
-Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add half of the pork and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Set aside cooked pieces. Cook other half of the pork in another 2 tsp olive oil.
-Set aside all cooked pork.
-In empty pork skillet saute 2 minced garlic cloves and wine. Add chicken broth after 2 minutes.
-Meanwhile heat another skillet with 2 tsp (or more if needed) olive oil and 3 minced garlic cloves. Add spinach in batches, saute tossing for 3 minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste.
-Add butter, lemon juice, capers and parsley to skillet with wine sauce. Add pork back to skillet to keep warm.

Serve pork topped with spinach. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Bekah said...

I made this recently too! It was really good (and healthy!). I thought the way they wrote the recipe was a little confusing - the way you re-wrote it makes perfect sense!

Anonymous said...

I гeally like уour blog.. very niсe colοrs & thеme.
Did you creаtе thіѕ websitе
yоursеlf oг ԁid you hirе someone to do іt for you?
Plz аnsweг bасk as І'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks
My web site: visit this link