Monday, October 3, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding


My best friend Lauren got married this past week. I met Lauren in 7th grade when I first moved to the small town in southern Indiana. We were instantly friends and have remained close through high school, college and a couple of moves across the country. I talk to Lauren on the phone every single day, if not more than once. We talk about everything and we talk about nothing sometimes! I couldn't have been more thrilled when Lauren got engaged. Her fiance husband is absolutely amazing and they are the perfect pair! It was such a blast planning our weddings together in the past year. Lauren simply has amazing taste and I knew her wedding would leave no detail missing. Lauren was my maid of honor and I couldn't have asked for anything more, so I knew her own wedding would be stunning and it was!

Let's start with Lauren's freaking AWESOME dress!!!! Lauren's dress with gorgeous, and like no other! I remember when she first sent me a picture and we discussed that it was star-worthy. It looks like it came straight from the red carpet. Beautiful!


Next let talk about the details... I knew about most of them from our daily conversations, but she blew me away! Alumni hall (at Indiana University) never looked better! She chose a champagne pink with touches of gold for the colors and it was beautiful!







As if the day wasn't fabulous enough! Lauren's sister surprised her by hiring Straight No Chaser (men's acapella group at IU) to sing at the reception! So fun! I have a few videos, but can't get them uploaded on here. I'll work on that, but take my word for now, it was SO cool! 



                  Husband and I.                             Chelsey (another high school bestie)                   

Congrats Lauren and Ryan, the entire weekend was so perfect just like the two of you. I am so happy for you both!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashley! The day was perfect! It would not have been the same without you. Thanks for being Lauren's buddy! We know she can be a "little trying"??? sometimes! She is lucky & privileged to have friends like you & the rest of the wedding gang. All of you looked absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

Thanks again, Dean