Monday, January 24, 2011

Wish List

Up next on my sewing wish list is a serger. As I've said before I'm not great at finishing projects. By this I mean the inside of them looks a mess. So I'm dying for a serger to make my dresses look more finished! serger trims the seam and encloses the seam allowance or edge of the fabric, inside a thread casing, all in one step. 


See: 

Look on the inside of whatever you are wearing, you will notice the edges are finished with a serger. The dresses I have been making have unfinished and raveled edges. 

New sergers cost a pretty penny so I have been scouring Craigslist and Ebay. I can't believe how much fun bidding on Ebay is!!! I haven't won yet though (except for a necklace I paid double for) I really want a Bernina because that's what my mom has and she'll be able to answer any questions that I have. 

Anyone know where I can find a used serger in Indianapolis? 





No comments: