Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYE Dress

I've been wanting to experiment with some type of cutout dress. Originally I really wanted to make something like this....


But then I remembered that cap sleeves don't flatter me and neither would an elastic hem. Also I started seeing some really awesome cut-out dresses with back appeal that I liked better. 

Gucci



Lulu's 


Blue Fly

I love all of the above and am looking forward to making another dress with a cool back in the future. It really wasn't that hard. I used the same pattern top as I did for the overlay of the Christmas Date Dress. I cut out the back and used a straight skirt pattern for the bottom. I had the past week off work so I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working on the dress. I found this fabric in the holiday section and actually used the back side of the fabric.  I wanted a sparkly number for New Years Eve and I loved the silver! 




Happy New Year!!! 








1 comment:

jane says said...

Adorable! That dress is awesome. I love it.

Happy 2011!

xoxo,
http://littleblacksequin.blogspot.com/