Monday, November 8, 2010

Bridal Accessories : Belt/Sash

Even though I don't have my dress yet I am already looking at accessories for the big day. I generally like to have an idea for the whole outfit and sometimes a great accessory can really make an outfit. I am taking this same approach with my wedding day attire.  I'm not sure what my fab accessories will be yet... Maybe a big chunky necklace, great sash/belt, sparkly brooch, or headband. So here's the first of my many accessory blogs. Let's talk belts (sashes)! Several dresses I have tried on come with a belt or sash and if they weren't included I have added one from the stores collection. I have even used headbands as a sash just to see the look. So needless to say, with my non-existent dress I'm leaning towards some type of belt.





 Some recent celebrities who have worn sashes. 

 




2 comments:

jane says said...

I recently went bridal shopping with a friend and every dress we liked look pretty but then we put a sash on it and it just made the dress that much more unique and amazing. She ended up buying a sash but we sat there and thought about how easy it would be to make one. They sell for a pretty penny.

http://littleblacksequin.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

my dress has a sash and i'm thinking of wearing the ivory one for the ceremony and a colored one for the reception. it really is a fun accessory!